ASTH Scientific Medal
This annual award was instituted in 1996, and from 2002 - 2005 was sponsored by AstraZeneca (and known as the AstraZeneca Medal). From 2006, the award was again known as the ASTH Medal.
The award is intended for new individuals working actively in clinical and laboratory research in the field of thrombosis and haemostasis. The award is judged on the basis of abstracts submitted to the annual combined meeting of the ASTH and the HSANZ and ANZSBT. The award winner receives the ASTH Medal, a solid silver medallion and a prize of A$2000. In addition, there are two runner up awards of A$500 each.
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants for the award must be aged 45 years or less on the closing date for submission of abstracts to the annual HAA meeting and be financial members of the ASTH.
- The main author and entrant must be a clinician, nurse, scientist or technologist working actively in the field of thrombosis and haemostasis.
- The award will be judged on the basis of a) abstracts submitted for the annual meeting and b) an oral presentation. For those entrants submitting posters, there will be an opportunity to present their work to the judging panel.
- Only one abstract can be submitted for the competition by each entrant and invited speakers are not eligible to enter.
- The award will be judged by a panel of experts drawn from members of the ASTH.
- The results of the judging and the award of prizes will take place at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Society.
- Entrants must submit a copy of their abstract, which has been submitted to the HAA Secretariat, to the award organiser by no later than 5pm on the date set by the HAA as the deadline for receipt of abstracts, with a letter requesting that they be considered for the award.
- Further information can be obtained from the award organiser:
ASTH Project Officer
Darling, VIC 3145
Phone: +61 3 9388 9876
Details of previous ASTH Medal winners.